Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The future

February marked the half way point of my journey.  I am a natural planner so part of me needed to start figuring out what would happen when I went home.

Thus started the applications! I spent a good two-three weeks preparing essays, cover letters and resumes.  I attempted more Skype interviews than I knew was possible on an iPad with wifi service in the middle of no where Sabah, Malaysia.  After three wonderful options presented themselves I started the difficult discernment process with family, friends and God.

February also marked out second retreat to Hong Kong.  The theme was "stillness in the city". The purpose to find peace and serenity within the chaos of our lives.  Now, maybe this isn't ironic, but it seemed to be exactly what was needed at this point in my discernment process.

In the end I decided to take a position at Calvary Luthern Church in Willmar, MN, as a Faith Formatin Coordinator.  I am truly excited to work as a member of this new team and see how God is working in that place and with the people there.  I also know that God is continually equipping us for the plans that he presents, so I am excited to see how my gifts will serve in a new community and how I will fit in this new "family".

On the other side of things, it seems surreal to have plans for what comes next.  Most days future plans are not mentioned because they are bitter sweet.  Wonderful and rich relationships present themselves to me everyday and I want to cherish them all the best that I can for as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment