Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Climbing to New Heights

Our two week school holiday has ended and yesterday everyone headed back to school.  I was beyond excited to be back in the classroom but was hit with some kind of bug that left me with a fever, sore throat and runny nose.  Never the less I have been able to make due.

On Thursday a fellow YAGM, Kelly, and myself will begin a journey to Kinabalu Park headquarters and prepare ourselves to climb Mt. Kinabalu Friday-Saturday.

If you asked me a year ago if climbing a mountain was on my bucket list I would have laughed and said "no way!  I'm too afraid of heights to even think about it!"


10 months later-- after crossing a swaying bridge everyday and doing a canopy walk twice I am determined to conquer this fear of heights.

I never expected to face so many fears in such a short time.  Some  days I sit down and wonder what happened to my well planned out self.  This year has taught me to be sporadic, to take life as it comes and to take chances--Things that would have otherwise been hard for me within the comfort of my normal surroundings.

With that said, I am still a bit frightened with climbing this mountain, I am sure I am no where near prepared and my head cold has not yet cleared up.  These things will all be sure to make the experience all the more memorable.  I can't wait to share the end results with you next week.

Please keep Kelly and I in your prayers as we take on this new adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment