Friday, June 22, 2012


I GOT MY PLACEMENT!

I found out yesturday morning but have taken the time to process what this placement really means.  The moment that I received my email for my placement I found myself smiling ear to ear with my heart racing! The idea of living somewhere so new and so far away still seems far off in the distance, but is now more real, as a concrete plan seems to be taking shape. :)

I have a round about idea of what I will be doing in the city of Keningau, which is a rural community in Sabah.  I will be working at the Good Samaritan Center providing general education to the children of migrant workers.  These children are often referred to as "stateless" children and are not recognized by the government and can therefore not receive formal schooling. 

I will be living in a large house in the city's center (a 20-30 min. walk from the Good Samaritan Center) with other teachers and their families.

This weekend I will be at my home congregation: Cross of Calvary Lutheran Church in Olivia, MN to share a little about what is in store for my year in YAGM as well as join in conversations with people who are curious about what this year of ministry will look like. 

You can look forward to news about getting my wisdom teeth out, next Thursday morning, bright and early!  I am a bit nervous, but know that I have good roommates who will help look after me for a speedy recovery.

God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment