Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Filled with JOY!

Since graduating from Concordia and working full time in Moorhead until Mid-July, I have moved home and spent my days unpacking and packing up my life, as well as enjoying time with family and friends. Four evenings were also filled with my church's Vacation Bible School, in which I helped my pastor and three young gentlemen lead games. We had a blast as we occasionally joined teams for dodgeball and other fun games-- I am always amazed by the energy and joy that kids have at anytime of day, as well as how many volunteers of all ages come together and join in the childlike wonder of VBS.
I made a list of people that I wanted to see and foods I wanted to eat before I left the states for a year. They were as follows:

People:
Grandmas
Grandpa
Niece- lots of cuddle time!
Sisters and their wonderful husbands
Brother!
Roommates
Best friends
Old friends
Wonderful and amazing support system

Foods:
Mom's cooking
Pizza
Burgers
Sweet Corn
Brownies

I have accomplished most of my lists and have been so blessed with the time that I have been given surrounded by the love and support of many wonderful people. I have also been blessed with phone conversations, ice cream outtings, movie nights, and evenings with friends watching the Olympics.    One week from tomorrow i head to Chicago--then the 22nd we depart to Malaysia!  I am so excited to see what the upcoming weeks bring as I adjust to life in Malaysia.  This journey thus far has been such a great reminder of the great cloud of witnesses that surrounds us all.  We are never alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment