Thursday, August 23, 2012

Welcome to the Unknown

YAGM Malaysia Crew in April


Greeting from Seoul, South Korea's International Airport!  After a little over 13 long hours, the Young Adults in Global Mission Malaysia crew of 8, sit/lay scattered in an area as we wait for another flight to Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia.  We began today's journey at 7:30 am, from the Chicago O'Hare Airport.  Right now it is 3:28 am Chicago time, and 5:23 pm South Korea time.  I don't know what that means beyond that we have been in traveling mode and will not arrive to our destination until around Midnight, Malaysia time (I would guess that Malaysia time is the same as South Korea time?)

Movies kept me occupied for most of the flight, and the remainder of the time was spent trying to figure out how to sleep in a middle seat.  I don't think it's ever a not awkward place to be for sleeping.

Asiana airlines kept us well hydrated and fed, I was even offered octopus for our last meal on the plane, I decided to pass, and instead had chicken

Can I tell you how confused I was to be eating chicken at what my body thought to be 2:00 am Chicago time?

As we started to descend,  Tessa, a fellow Cobber and YAGM Malaysia Crew member, looked out the window and we were blown away by the mountains, and what appeared to be islands from where we were.  We realized that we both didn't really know what to expect when we looked out the window, and then Tessa said something that seemed profound to me, at least in this state of present being-- "I guess we are just going to get used to not knowing what to expect".

So-- Here's to having no clue about what lays ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment