Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Wishes

Dear Family and Friends,

As Christmas is just around the corner I want to wish you a blessed Christmas with your family and friends wherever you may be.

Last week I was asked a question that really made me ponder how we celebrate Christmas:

 " Knowing the meaning of Christmas- How SHOULD we celebrate?"

He then posed these questions:

1. Should we have an open house and invite people from the community?
2. Should we provide food?
3. Should we just celebrate with family?
4. Should we share the gospel?

This was oddly a question that has never crossed my mind.  Perhaps it's because it is my first time away from the United States during the Christmas season--but I began to wonder--why all the presents?  What does that have to do with celebrating the birth of Jesus?

Another idea was posed to me was that some Christian's refuse to have a Christmas tree because they feel that it takes away from the real purpose of Christmas.


--Just some food for thought--  

My family has a tradition of going together to cut down our Christmas tree, so to me it is something that brings our family closer--As for the gifts--everyday is a gift given to us to be celebrated.

No matter how you celebrate or who you celebrate with.  May the peace and grace of God be with you this Christmas as we remember that God gave his only son so that we may have eternal life.  Look to the stories that Jesus teaches us so that you may lead a life that will glorify God.  

And remember--you are blessed to be a blessing.



No comments:

Post a Comment